Flex Tape® Flood Protection alone is not enough to prevent floodwater from entering your home. It should ALWAYS be used in combination with our other Flood Protection Products. To maximize your success, we recommend that Flex Paste® Flood Protection in a Cartridge be used as a base coat for your first layer of protection for most applications.
Our Flood Protection Tape has a strong, waterproof backing and a powerful adhesive that seals out water.
For more information on Flood Protection Paste: Click here
Flood Protection Tape should ONLY be used on smooth, even, flat surfaces and ALWAYS in combination with our other Flood Protection Products. Do NOT bend around corners or irregular shapes. Once flood waters recede, our Flood Tape can be easily removed.
When applying Flood Protection Tape, use firm pressure and remove any air pockets, creases or folds that may have formed. Always cover the Flood Tape, edges and conners with our Flood Paste or Liquid. Making sure each coat is wider and overlaps the Tape and previous coats. For complete instructions go to flexseal.ca/flood.
There is no dry time needed for Flood Protection Tape.
Flood Tape is available in 3.75-inch and 20' in length.
Always follow state and local weather advisories and evacuation orders. Depending on age and type of construction, there may be areas that cannot be seen or sealed. Unsealed porous surfaces may seep water during extended underwater exposure. Our Flood Protection Products are NOT intended for flash floods, extreme winds or water pressure, to protect against flying or floating debris, or if there is structural damage to the building.
All of our Flood Protection products are Patent Pending for both products and uses.
Made in the USA with globally sourced materials.
Colour of product is high-visibility yellow.
For more information on UL testing, click here.
For complete instructions go to: flexseal.ca/flood
Read entire label for directions and warnings before use.
• Apply to the exterior of the structure.
• Make sure the area is clean, dry, and free of grease, oil, and dirt.
• Use only on smooth, even, nonporous surfaces. Do not bend tape around corners or irregular shapes.
• Measure area being sealed, leave clear liner on Tape and cut to desired length using a razor or sharp tool.
• Peel a small portion of the liner and firmly press the sticky side to the surface.
• Slowly peel away the backing as you continue to press on the surface.
• Using your fingers, plastic squeegee, or roller, press firmly to remove any creases, folds or air pockets.
• Once applied, use our Flood Protection Paste, Liquid, or Spray around the edges of the Tape to help prevent seepage.
• Adhesive bond is strengthened by applying firm pressure and will strengthen over time.
Grab a small portion of material from an edge and pull away from the structure. Using a small pair of pliers may be necessary. If any residue is left on the surface, use a stiff nylon brush, paper towel or rag with denatured alcohol to clean the area.